Saturday, June 11, 2011

1800Contacts: 8 boxes of Acuvue Oasys

Well, it was that time of year again. Remember my post last year? So, I ordered my year supply of contacts again.

Here is what I did:
I price matched at Vision Direct.com.
Contacts are $19.99/box there (after their $31 volume discount).
1800Contacts also gave me a $32 instant discount
Free shipping since price matching
and a $20 rebate in the mail.

My total oop is $127.92 before the $20 mail in rebate.

If I had done Vision Direct, I could have gotten a 20% off discount for being a first time customer, and I could have gotten 5% off back from Fat Wallet on top of the $19.99. Then I could have done the $25 mail in rebate.

1800Contacts also does cashback through fatwallet if you purchase contacts online.

So, it could be argued that it might have been a little cheaper to go with vision direct this year, but 1800contacts wins in customer service. They replace all torn contacts!

Last year they did more for me in terms of adding discounts. Oh well. Still a good deal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!