Friday, September 10, 2010

2 $5 Sandwiches at Hubble and Hudson

(I wrote this Sept 2)

I love Hubble and Hudson. It is so much fun to shop there. The challenge is controlling what I get because I want everything!

I have discovered 2 $5 sandwiches.

Here is what you do:
The Elizabeth Sandwich: 
Go to the meat/cheese/fish counter and ask for 0.2 lbs of Acme Whitefish salad. Then bring it over to the sandwich counter. Ask them to slice a croissant, butter it, toast it for you. Give them the whitefish salad and ask for them to make it into a sandwich with tomatoes! Voila! Start calling it the Elizabeth and see if it catches on. 

Bagel with Lox: 
They offer at the sandwich counter a bagel with cream cheese for $1.50. Ask them to add 2 slices of lox from the fish counter and tomatoes for a delicious sandwich for under $5. (this is much cheaper than the $9 I pay at another Woodlands sandwich shop for a bagel with lox).

The nice thing about these sandwiches is that they can be eaten any time of the day.

Make your own sandwich at Hubble and Hudson and tell us all about it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!