I love Disney World!
Here are my tips:
- The longer you stay the cheaper the tickets per day: a 10 day ticket costs about the same as a 4 day ticket.
- If you are a Florida resident, you can get a season pass for the WHOLE Year for the price of one 4 day visit.
- Go Priceline (or hotwire) and do betterbidding.com first! I stayed at the Safari Sheraton for about $50/night right next door to disney.
- If you need more than 1 room definitely check out villas or condos. There are tons of sites out there and you can negotiate with the owner. This only works if you are driving to Disney World and have a car, otherwise it is probably easier to just stay at hotel with a shuttle from the airport and to the parks.
- A 7 bedroom villa costs about the same/night as a 4 bed so go with another family or group and share! Make sure you mapquest the directions to see how far from the parks you are. You can usually find a deal within a 15-20 minute drive.
- Tell the parking guys why you are Disney World and they might waive parking! (Use your magic words: Hi, We are here celebrating my son's birthday, could you please waive the parking?, etc..
- Besides the tickets, you don't HAVE TO spend any money in the parks.
- There are a lot of great restaurants outside the parks so eat before you go and after you leave. Pack a snack and bottles of water in your backpack that you bring with you.
- If you want Disney paraphanelia check out your local Disney stores. They always seem to have sales and their stuffed animals go on sale regularly. So, shop before you go to the park.
- The Walmarts in Orlando have shirts for $5, Towels for $5, and posters for $4. Walmart is way cheaper than many of the other grocery stores you find around Disney.
- Make your own breakfast each day instead of eating out.