Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How to deal with Tantrums!

A friend of mine asked how to deal with the temper tantrums so I compiled this list and thought my blog followers would be interested, too! 


Magic Years is on sale for $5 off! Yay! 


Fraiberg wrote a book called Magic Years Magic Years 


Also, you can get the DVD called 123 Magic. 123 Magic


There is another book/DVD called the Happiest Toddler on the Block. The Happiest Toddler on the Block



I learned from all of these.  

I try to anticipate his tantrums. 


I use distraction and offer choices.  


Talk about emotions and what they want. You can say "you are mad mad mad. You want to ... "  


123 Magic talks about how to use time out effectively.  


I know hear myself saying the Rule is... a lot.  

I definitely pick my battles. 


He can usually tell when I am serious.  


I usually ignore his tantrums (after making sure he is safe).  


Are you signed up on babycenter.com? I get emails from them talking about Temper Tantrums.  


Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!