Thursday, July 29, 2010

Au Bon Pain: The best sandwich I have had in a long time!

Wow, I just discovered that there is an Au Bon Pain in Houston.
Yesterday, I had the best sandwich that I have had in a long time. It was a goat cheese mushroom thing on a sundried tomato bread. I love ABP. I used to eat it all the time when I was in the Boston area (think summers during hs). Overall, it is healthy and good quality. Not cheap, but sometimes it is worth it to pay for quality! My sandwich was $5.99. They have great baked goods, too. Some of the healthy things for snacks were hummus and cucumbers, boiled eggs, and a mozzeralla tomato salad. We had fun dipping bread into our Tomato basil soup (part of combo with the sandwich).

They are right near the playground in Herman Park and that train stop. It is in the Medical Center on the second floor of 6400 Fannin Street. The hallway in front of ABP seems to be connected to all the buildings in the area.

Here is the address and info:

Au Bon Pain

 - www.aubonpain.com
6400 Fannin Street, Houston -

(713) 795-0144

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!