Monday, July 19, 2010

Good news and Bad news about free Smoothies at McDs

Bad news: As y'all probably heard by now on Houston on the cheap and Cheap Eats in Houston, free 5 oz free smoothies will not be handed out July 22-24.

Good news: Yesterday's Sunday Houston Chronicle's parade magazine had a coupon for a free 12 oz Smoothie. (it even sticks out so you can see it). The parade magazine also has a $0.50 off walgreens brand otc medicine coupon worthy of clipping. I have seen aspirin as low as $0.49 there.

I went and got my smoothie today in Panther Creek. It tasted like a strawberry banana smoothie. :) I actually only drank half because it was too sweet for me. We also picked up a kids vanilla ice cream cone for $0.25 plus tax!

I think it is good marketing to compete with the smoothie businesses of the world.

Reminder: $1 drinks are still going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!