New Year's Noon
NEW YEAR'S NOON BASH
High Steppers Brass Band to highlight Children's Museum of Houston New Year's Eve celebration!
New Year's Noon is the city's longest-running New Year's Eve celebration just for kids! This end-of-year bash rings in the New Year at the stroke of noon with a parade and drop of a vibrant ball, just like they do in Times Square, but kids won't have to stay up till midnight!
- New Year's Eve Parade with High Steppers New Orleans Style Brass Band: Dance to jazzy tunes as the High Steppers lead our exciting New Year's parade throughout the museum!
Parade begins: 11:30a.m.
- Brilliant Ball Drop and Countdown: Watch as we celebrate the beginning of a new year just like they do on TV!
Countdown begins at 11:45 a.m.
- New Year LED Masks: Light up the New Year at Inventors' Workshop by decorating your own mask which incorporates LEDs.
- Film Canister Rockets: Shoot over to Science Station to blast off a film canister rocket.
- New Year, New Life: Head over to EcoStation to investigate insect, seed and frog life cycles.
Countdown to NOON begins at 11:45 a.m.
- MUSEUM NEW YEAR'S EVE HOURS: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Museum will be closed on New Year's Day, Jan. 1.