Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Highs and Lows of Coupon Shopping!

So, I was successful last night when I ran into HEB for milk.

I bought my usual Mootopia : 3 half gallons for $2.99/half gallon
I used my free oreo cakesters coupon that I got from Vocal point, and I used the coupon from being friends with nabisco on facebook coupon to get another package of oreo cookies for free! Yay!
I also got a 4 pack of Dannon Activia for $0.87 ($1.87 - $1 coupon). So, I was pretty happy last night.

Today, I ran into walgreens for diapers and kotex. I was thinking myself pretty cool to break my purchase into two transactions so I wouldn't have to keep track of one of the $5 register rewards. I forgot that they were part of the same promotion, so the second $5 reward didn't print. :( I didn't realize till I was in the car driving away. Lesson learned. It was still cheaper than normal with all the coupons I used. They also didn't have the children's coupon activity book in the Rayford Sawdust location. At least I picked up my free 8 x10. So, overall I am still on top by a lot, I just am bummed that I made such a newbie mistake ( btw, I am a newbie to Walgreens). I also got the gum for $0.19/pack.. I might go back when I have time for Motrin this week.

I went back to HEB today. Whole Sanderson farms chicken are on sale for $0.77/lb. We got one for $4! Woohoo!
I also picked up 2 Price Pimento cheese spreads (7oz expiring in June) for $1.99. They are on sale for $1.99 and there is a yellow HEB coupon in front for b1g1 ending today. They were pretty much out of the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!