Sunday, March 14, 2010

What I learned today at Walgreens

This email is about what I learned from my trip to Walgreens today. Hopefully, it will help y'all out.

So, I have been holding onto my free Excedrin manufacturer's coupon (up to $5.99 value) that was expiring today. Pretty much, I hadn't used it because I have been watching prices and looking for the best deal. A little while ago, I saw the 50ct Excedrin on sale for $4.99. I thought maybe I could find a larger count for under $5.99. Today, when I went, the 20 cts were retailing for $5.49 and were offered b1g1 free. I have now seen this a few times that Walgreens will raise their prices to double or more when they do b1g1 frees. I have seen Randalls do this as well. So watch the prices!

Walgreens has an instant coupon for $2 off their 20ct Excedrin Menstrual. It has the exact same ingredients as the regular Excedrin. Those retail for $5.79 or 2 for $5.99.

I knew I had at least 2 $0.75 off Excedrin manufacturer's coupons along with my free coupon. I wasn't sure how the menstrual Excedrin would break down and I wanted to maximum amount off. So, I got 2 of each. It turns out that the Menstrual Excedrin rang up for $5.79 and the second rang up for $0.20. I gave all my manufacturer's coupons first and then the instant coupon. The checker was new at the job and had someone helping her. She only gave me $5.49 off even though she could have entered in the $5.79 off. The instant coupon rang up for $4 off since I got two of the menstrual Excedrins.

I also got a tube of Crest Total toothpaste. I had a $1.50 coupon off that I got at HEB awhile ago. They are advertising buy the toothpaste for $3.99 get a $4 register reward.

My total purchase was $2.98, plus I got the $4 register reward. Now, I need to figure out what to get next!


I might go back and get more toothpaste this week since it is a money maker and I have more coupons: $1 off and $0.75 off. I wonder if I can find my coupon for the highlighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!